mercredi 23 janvier 2008

Asian Roots

I remember being a child and seeing my father fold dumplings on the kitchen table. I'd stand and watch while he mixed the meat and seasoning and dropped a spoonful in those edible 'skins'. I'd mentally count the rows of cute 'meat pouches' to see if there would be enough for all of us.


Now, being myself an adult and far from home, I decided to make some for myself :D And what is simpler then delicious wontons! I found a recipe in my asian cooking book, purchased some wonton skins at the nearest asian grocery store, rolled up my sleeves and gleefully mixing and filling.

I rather did a mess at first with overfilling the pouches *greedy smile* but I got the hang of it after 5 or so split skins.


6 ounce of minced pork
2 ounces of shrimps cut in small pieces
1 teaspoon of brown sugar

1 tablespoon of rice wine

1 tablespoon of light soy sauce

1 teaspoon of chives
1 teaspoon of minced ginger root
24 wonton skins





Next, I'll try dumplings! :D:D Shrimp dumplings!!! *squeals*

Aucun commentaire: