mardi 22 janvier 2008

Of Cinnamon Delights

After discovering a sweet dough recipe in my bread machine recipe book, I could not resist the urge for some cinnamon rolls!


The bread machine does simplify the task a lot but it is not impossible to do without. It's even better in some cases. I would of done it manually but for the controlled temperature in the machine that makes it rise without any trouble. The recipe is from Allrecipes.com but I modified it with ingredients from my book. I also cut the recipe in two since it was a trial-recipe, it is my first time doing these!

Sweet Dough
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons of butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast

I heated the milk, water and butter until just before it reached boiling point. I then poured everything (following the order of ingredients) in the bread machine pan. I selected the dough cycle and left the machine to its work.

When it was risen and ready, I took it out, punched it down and rolled it into a large rectangle. I smeared soft butter all over it. Now it was time for the filling. I didn't add in raisins since I don't like them. *grin*

1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup raisins (optional)

I actually ended up making the filling double because I felt there was not enough when I spread it but it is really up to you. I tend rolled it up starting the long side of the rectangle, being careful to tuck it in when starting. It should then give you a log! I then used a sharp knife and cut them at 1'' interval.

I made a batch of sticky buns and one of glazed buns. The sticky buns are made before u cook them and the glazed ones are .. well glazed *laughs* when they are piping hot.

Sticky Buns
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoon butter
2/3 cup water
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Boil the sugar, butter, water and cinnamon for 8 mins.
Pour the syrup in your pan and sprinkle with the pecans.

Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-45 mins.


Bake them at 375F for 20-25 mins or until golden. For the Glazed buns, sprinkle the buns with the frosting using a fork or an egg beater. Enjoy when warm!

White Frosting
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoon milk

Overall, I liked them very much. The pecans gave it a very nice 'roasted peanuty' taste. I have to work on the syrup for the sticky buns because I feel it was not 'thick' enough. I will actually make them taller next time!

I also did some more goodies but that's enough for tonight.. *yawns* Good night!


Aucun commentaire: